To find out if the VCC ABE Reading & Writing assessments are best for you, contact one of the following advisors:
- VCC Program Advisor - for VCC courses and programs for domestic students
- VCC Continuing Studies - for VCC Continuing Studies courses and programs
- VCC International Education - for all international VCC students
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.
- Assessment fees are non-refundable. Payment can be made with cash, debit card, or credit card.
- Personal cheques are not accepted for payment.
- Samples of the VCC ABE Reading & Writing assessments are available on the subject pages (English). Please review the samples before coming to write your assessments.
- You may write both the reading and the writing assessment on one day or you may complete them over several sittings.
- For a complete English assessment, you must write both the reading and writing assessments.
- Latecomers will not be able to enter the on-site assessment room.
SEPTEMBER VCC ABE Reading & Writing Assessments
No appointment is necessary for September VCC ABE Reading & Writing assessments.
September assessments are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Latecomers will not be able to enter the assessment room.
You need to arrive at least 10 minutes before the final arrival time listed on the schedule below. Please come to the Reception desk to sign in when you arrive. You will make the payment and write the assessment(s) that same day.
Photo identification is needed to enter the assessment room (ie: valid passport, driver's license, PR card, BC Service Card, etc.).
All on-site VCC ABE Reading & Writing assessments are delivered at the VCC Broadway campus, Room 4027, Building A.
Final Arrival Time
Final Arrival Time
|Thursday||Sep 27||8:45 a.m.||10:10 a.m.|
**OCTOBER VCC ABE Reading & Writing Assessments - NEW APPOINTMENT BOOKING PROCESS**
For October ABE Reading & Writing assessments, you must make an appointment and pay the fee in advance
There are 2 ways to request an appointment:
- Email us – email@example.com, or
- Call us – 604.871.7093, option 5
Provide us with the following information:
- Name of the VCC assessment you need
- Name of the VCC Program or Course you want to get into
- Your preferred assessment date (see the schedule below)
We will contact you to finalize a date and arrange payment. After payment has been made, you will receive an email confirming all appointment details and location information.
If you do not know the name of the assessment you need, or the name of the VCC Program or Course, please speak to a VCC Program Advisor – 604.871.7000, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
***For all October dates, you must book and pay for the assessment in advance, in order to enter the assessment room***
|Wednesday||Oct 10||4:30 p.m.||6:00 p.m.|
|Monday||Oct 29||8:45 a.m.||10:10 a.m.|
All on-site VCC ABE Reading & Writing assessments are delivered at the VCC Broadway campus.